Saturday 19 October 2013

Autumn Beauty Essentials


Hi everyone :)

It has been way too long since I've posted on here - I've missed it!. I've just been so busy with Sixth Form and starting a new job that I've had to put my blog to the side. But I am determined to do at least one post a week, whether it's a review or a ramble.


Today I thought I'd show you my most reached for products as we descend into the colder months. I love makeup this time of year - berry lips, bronzed eyes and fresh skin - it's just gorgeous. I always tend to play it safe when it comes to makeup, but now is the time to start experimenting and step outside of my comfort zone.


I've had this little eyeshadow from The Body Shop (in the shade 07) for over a year and never really paid much attention to it. What a mistake. It's a rich, golden brown with a beautiful iridescent finish but it's so easy to wear on an everyday basis. Not to mention the formula of these shadows is almost creamy when blended, and there is very minimal fall out. I usually concentrate this along my lash line and then blend it out to create a subtle smokey effect that's still suitable for school.


Next is my very well loved Bobbi Brown Corrector in Light Bisque. I've actually had to start rationing it as I know I'll be straight back out to spend £18 on another one - eek! It's pricey but well worth it if you suffer from dark circles. Think of it as a base for your concealer - it corrects the blue/purple tones under your eyes and then the concealer provides the coverage. I love the smooth, creamy formula and it never creases under my eyes. A holy grail product for me.


Big lashes are a must for Autumn, and my favourite way to achieve them is with my trusty Clinique High Impact Mascara. I actually got this as a gift from my friend (thanks Marina!) and I love it. It's amazing at defining and giving volume to your lashes but it still looks natural. It's also great for layering with other mascaras - I personally love pairing this with Rimmel's Scandaleyes Mascara for really bold lashes.


Something I've been loving recently is a red lip - I know, I was surprised too. I normally shy away when it comes to bold lip colours, but I really love this lip liner from Rimmel in the shade Red Diva. It's a cool toned, cherry red which I like to fill in my lips with and then add a tinted balm over the top. It's the perfect way to get a clean, matte red lip that lasts ages. I even wore this out to dinner and it didn't smudge.


So those are the products I've been reaching for at the moment. It'll be interesting to see how it changes as we get into winter, maybe I'll do a post on that? :)
If I have time I may put up a review tomorrow but if not, check back next Saturday for another post and don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin! (linked below and to the left)

Amy x

Where to find me;

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog